■Telecom Square Wi-Fi Router Rental Service (Daily Plan) Usage Basics
Article 1: Provision of the Service
Telecom Square, Inc. (referred to below as “Company”) provides WiFi router equipment (referred to below as “Equipment”) and rental services (daily plan) (referred to below as “Service”) to individuals and corporate entities (referred to below as “Contracting Party”) for them to use the Service. The Contracting Party shall fully understand, as well as abiding by the new contract on special regulations, regulations and precautions (referred to below as “Individual Contract”) directed by this Contract and by the Company before making an application for the Service.
- 2. The Company reserves the rights of implementing changes on the contents of its services such as application of this Contract, fees and charges, and discounts, and the Contracting Party shall abide by the contract and contents of the services after their changes have been made.
Article 4: Presentation of Proofs of Identification
The Contracting Party shall present proofs of identification requested by the Company when applying for the Service or receiving the Equipment.
Article 5: Application
- 1. The Contracting Party shall apply for the Service with the methods prescribed by the Company. The Company shall immediately put the rental contract to effect upon notifying the Contracting Party that it has approved his application with appropriate methods such as e-mail or written documents.
- 2. Even if the confirmation of screening of application was delayed due to causes surrounding the Contracting Party, the rental contract shall still take effect.
- 3. The Company reserves the right to make the final decision about the contract conclusion subject and the type of Equipment it shall provide.
- 4. The Contracting Party can rent up to twelve (12) equipment when applying individually.
- 5. The Company may collect guarantee money or authorize a credit card (referred to below as “Guarantee Money”) from the Contracting Party based on the contents of the contract (number of equipment, duration, etc.).
Article 6: Cancellation of Application and Cancellation Fee
- 1. Prior to reception of the Equipment, the Contracting Party can cancel the use of Service with the following methods:
- ① Perform cancellation procedures via MyPage (the Contracting Party should create an account in the Internet application system managed and ran by the Company, as well as provide its individual ID and password and register its exclusive webpage);
- ② Contact the Company either by e-mail, telephone or other methods.
- 2. When performing a cancellation three (3) business days and so on before the scheduled reception of the Equipment, the Company shall charge the Contracting Party a procedural fee worth 199 yuan per order form.
- 3. The Company shall charge a procedural fee when the Contracting Party does not receive the Equipment on the scheduled date of reception.
- 4. The Company can impose adjusted costs such as usage fee and procedural fee without approval from the Contracting Party depending on the guarantee money the latter provided to the Company at the time of application.
Article 7: Changes in the Contents of the Application
- 1.When changes in the contents of the application occurs such as the the destination of delivery, destination of departure, departure time, the Contracting Party shall immediately inform about it to the Company.
- 2.When the Contracting Party returns the Equipment before the scheduled time after using it, it shall be considered that the Contracting Party has already made an application in the preceding paragraph.
- 3.When the Contracting Party made an application prescribed in Article 1 three (3) days before the scheduled reception of the Equipment, the Company shall perform the aforementioned changes.
However, depending on the inventory status of the Equipment, aforementioned changes may not be performed.
- 4.When the Contracting Party has made an application prescribed in Article 1 two (2) days and so on before the scheduled reception of the Equipment, the Company may not be able to perform aforementioned changes.
- 5.When the Contracting Party returns the Equipment before the scheduled return date, or made changes to the contract rental period, the Contracting Party shall not receive a refund unless provided the receipt.
Article 8: Computation Unit and Period for Fees
- 1.The day-to-day fee computation in this Contract shall be based on Taiwan time.
- 2.The computation period in this Contract is from the date of departure from Taiwan until the date of return to the country.
- 3.The starting date of the computation of fees in this Contract is from the date when the Contracting Party received the Equipment at a specified location such as airport, or the following date of the arrival of the product via home delivery. The arrival date of the product refers to the date before the departure date specified by the Contracting Party at application.
- 4.The final date of the computation of fees is the date when the the date when the Equipment was returned by the Contracting Party at a specified location such as airport. When returning the Equipment via delivery, it shall be based on the postmark date.
- 5.Late charges: If the Equipment was returned late, the Company shall impose late charges from the date exceeding the deadline until the return date in accordance with the standard of multiplying one-day equivalent of rental fee by the number of days exceeding the deadline. The Contracting Party applied for the secured compensation service shall also make a payment of service fees for periods exceeding the deadline. However, the Contracting Party shall be exempted from late charges if he can provide proof that he could not return the Equipment due to inconveniences such as delayed flights and natural disasters, as well as when the Company approved the exemption at their discretion.
Article 9: Termination
- 1.The Company can terminate the Service immediately without notice if the Contracting Party commits any of the following actions:
- ① If the action is falls under Article 5 Item 3 (Application) is deemed inappropriate by the Company;
- ② If the action falls under any of the itmes prescribed in Article 14 (Prohibited Acts);
- ③ If the Contracting Party never made any contact to the Company and continued to use the Service even more than seven (7) days have passed after the scheduled return date;
- ④ If the Contracting Party delayed the payment of fees, or neglected his obligations;
- ⑤ If the credit standing of the Contracting Party has worsened, or if there are sufficient reasons to recognize that the Contracting Party might have one;
- ⑥ If the Contracting Party has comitted an act that tremendously damages the relationship between the former and the Company.
- 2. If any of the item in the preceding paragraph has occurred, the Company can immediately impose adjusted fees such as usage fees without agreement from the Contracting Party depending on the security deposit provided by the latter at the time of application.
Article 10: Payment Methods
The Company accepts the following payment methods:
- ① Credit card;
- ② Cash
Article 11: Usage Fee and Other Costs
- 1. The usage fee for this Service is prescribed in the Company’s official website and application form.
- 2. The Contracting Party shall shoulder the following costs other than the usage fee stipulated in preceding paragraph:
- ① Compensation prescribed by the Company for lost, stolen or damaged Equipment;
- ② In case of extension of rental period, or loss or damage of Equipment, the Company shall, without approval from the Contracting Party, can receive settlement costs such as usage fee from the latter depending on the Guarantee Money submitted by the Contracting Party at the time of application;
- ③ After application for the Service, the Contracting Party shall pay the usage fee as stipulated in Article 1 regardless of using the Service or not;
- ④ Cost will be generated even if the Contracting Party cannot use the Service due to weak signal brought by problems at the local telecommunications company;
- ⑤ If the Service cannot be used at all, the Contracting Party must contact customer service representative in Japan immediately. If no contacts such as phone calls were received from the Contracting Party, it shall be considered as abandonment of the rights and interests of the Contracting Party and it should not raise objections.
- 3. Other than the usage fee stipulated in Article 1, the Contracting Party shall shoulder the following costs:
- ① Costs such as communication costs generated by the usage of the Equipment by the Contracting Party after the Service has been terminated according to Article 9;
- ② Communication costs generated at loss or theft, as well illegal use of the Equipment by third parties (also the same when the Equipment was illegally used before the actual suspension of communication lines after notifying the Company in accordance to Article 20 Item 2);
- ③ Communication costs by the use of the Equipment due to reception not expected by the Contracting Party;
- ④ Communication costs for multiple lines generated at the use of the Equipment in conference calls.
- 4. The Contracting Party shall pay usage fees generated by the use of the Equipment depending on the amount of time used with methods such as calling cards, credit calls, free dial, collect calls and prepaid cards die to the Service uses a timer-based charging system.
- 5. The Contracting Party shall shoulder communication costs generated by contacting customer service representatives either in Japan or Taiwan when using the Equipment in other countries excluding Taiwan.
Article 12: Non-transferrable Rights and Obligations
The Contracting Party should not transfer the rights or obligations arising from the application, neither use them for mortgage.
Article 13: Duty of Care
The Contracting Party shall properly handle the Equipment with utmost care, having the responsibility as a bona fide administrator.
Article 14: Prohibited Matters
The Contracting Party are prohibited to do the following acts:
- ① Criminal acts or acts that might be related to crime;
- ② Acts that violate laws on public order and morality, or other acts that might violate laws;
- ③ Disassembly, alteration, modification, transfer, rental, sale, and alteration of name of the Equipment, as well as setting its mortgage and offering it as a collateral;
- ④ Disclosing the communications number of the Equipment by either printing or displaying it;
- ⑤ Removing the SIM card from the Equipment;
- ⑥ Changing the password of the Equipment;
- ⑦ Other acts that violate the usage policy of the Equipment prescribed by the Company.
Article 15: Liability for Damages
- 1. The Contracting Party shall be liable for damages on the Company due to reasons attributable to the former at the time of usage of the Service by the Contracting Party.
- 2. The Company shall not bear any responsibilities for the damages done by the Contracting Party on third parties, or if a conflict arises between the two parties at the time of usage of the service by the Contracting Party. The Contracting Party itself shall bear that responsibility and shall solve issues such as costs arising from it.
Article 16: Limitation of Scope of Damages by the Company
The Company shall bear responsibilities only in terms of the usage fee of the Service when direct ordinary damage on the Contracting Party is attributed to the Company. The Company shall not bear any responsibilities on special damages such as loss of profit regardless if it is unforeseeable or not.
Article 17: Scope of Liabilities by the Company due to Connection Problems
The scope of liabilities due to connection problems (referred to below as “connection problems”) in the Equipment during subscription to the Service shall be limited only to the problems arising from malfunction in the equipment provided by the Company. The Company shall not bear any responsibilities for connection problems arising from reasons not attributed to the Company.
Article 18: Fair Usage Policy
- ① For maintaining the quality of the network and fair use of radio waves, the telecommunication company may limit or interrupt the amount of network communications without notice. Because of this, the Contracting Party may experience Wi-Fi disconnections or lag in communication speeds in which the Company shall not bear any responsibilities, and the Contracting Party is still obliged to pay usage fees to the Company.
- ② Fair Usage Policy (Fair use policy of International Data Communication)
Countries and regions that use Fair Usage Policy products generally have limits on the amount of data that one can use, and the applicant or the Contracting Party cannot file for a refund or damages when they could not connect to the internet or internet connection speeds have slowed down by watching television shows or movies on the Internet for long hours, and downloading huge files and online games.
Article 19: Pledges on Suspension of Use
If the Contracting Party falls under either one of the following items, the Company may suspend use or take measures of temporarily suspending the use of the Service, and the Contracting Party is still obliged to pay usage fees arising from that period of suspension:
- ① Article 9: Suspension;
- ② Article 14: Prohibited matters;
- ③ Inevitable cases such as technical or business performance cases by the Company.
Article 20: Lost, Stolen and Damaged Equipment
- 1. The Contracting Party shall pay the Company compensation for the lost, stolen or damaged Equipment.
- 2. The Contracting Party shall immediately notify the Company about the lost, stolen or damaged Equipment.
- 3. Upon notification from the Contracting Party in the preceding paragraph, the Company shall immediately request the telecommunications company to suspend communication lines on the Service.
- 4. The Contracting Party shall bear the expenses related to Article 11 Item 3 when the Equipment was found to be unlawfully used by a third party prior to the actual suspension of the communication lines stated in the preceding paragraph.
Article 21: Secured Compensation
- 1. The Company shall provide a secured compensation in a fixed range when loss, theft or damage of the Equipment arises during the service.
- 2. The Contracting Party cannot apply for neither cancel the secured compensation once after receiving the Equipment.
- 3. The secured compensation is only used in compensating related fees when loss, theft or damage occurs in the Equipment, and it shall not be used as a compensation for communication expenses before suspension of communication lines, and profit losses in the Contracting Party due to loss, theft and damage.
- 4. If subscribed to safe compensation and loss or theft of the Equipment occurs, the Contracting Party shall provide a theft report certificate issued by the local police or written materials that proof that theft.
Article 22: Pledge from the Contracting Party
- ① The Contracting Party may receive separate billing from the telecommunications company if it performed data roaming with its equipment at the use of the Service;
- ② The Company shall not guarantee all operations such as specification of machineries and equipment, and shall not guarantee compatibility with the purpose of use when the Contracting Party uses its own equipment for the Service;
- ③ The Equipment may not be delivered to the Contracting Party at the requested date due to transport delays by the forwarder;
- ④ When the Equipment was key locked and a password configured by the Company becomes necessary, the Contracting Party must bring the Equipment to the Company.
- ⑤The Contracting Party accepts Wi-Ho! Sending e-mail about marketing advertisement to the Contracting Party.
Article 23: Applicable Laws and Competent Court
Enacted and implemented on August 29, 2013